Fluidized Bed Conversion Systems
Fields of activity
Raw material-flexible technology concepts:
Further development of technologies – fixed-bed gasifiers and pyrolysis units – aiming at expanding the range of feedstocks to low-quality residues.
Tailored gas qualities:
Tailoring gas qualities for specific applications – e.g., producing nitrogen-free product gas for the chemical looping process or achieving defined compositions or purity.
GreenCarbon – product design:
production of defined product qualities for specific applications (e.g. as soil additive, material additive or reducing agent in metallurgy) by selecting suitable feedstocks and process conditions.
Efficient overall concepts:
Optimal integration of heat and power production of polygeneration concepts.
Negative Emission Technologies:
Inherent carbon capture during thermochemical conversion of (renewable) raw materials.
- Development and optimization of technologies for combustion, gasification and pyrolysis.
- Characterization and testing of feedstocks with regard to conversion properties and applicability.
- Characterization of GreenCarbon products (biochar, bio-oil and gas) to be used in specific fields of application (e.g. agriculture, metallurgy, building materials industry)
- Demonstration of GreenCarbon manufacturing from laboratory to pilot scale application
- Application tests for renewable gas qualities (burner, chemical looping processes, synthesis