SHIP2FAIR obtains Mention of Honour in the EnerAgen Awards
The consortium of SHIP2FAIR is pleased to announce that the project has obtained Mention of Honour in the EnerAgen Awards (ES) in the category of “Best energy improvement performance in the field of Renewable Energies”. EnerAgen is the Association of Spanish Agencies for Energy Management. EnerAgen is currently the main instrument for the cooperation and coordination between agencies and public organisms in the field of energy that operate at different territorial levels in Spain.
This Association rewards the best national actions of the year in the field of renewable energies, energy efficiency and awareness, at national level. EnerAgen highlights SHIP2FAIR as a distinguished project contributing to the fulfilment of the challenges posed by the energy transition and the climate emergency. Patricia Royo Gutiérrez, Project Manager at CIRCE (SHIP2FAIR coordinator) stated: we are proud to be pushing forward the renewables penetration and to have a valued impact on the scientific and industrial field, and even more so, on society.
The project today
SHIP2FAIR project started in 2018 with the aim of reducing fossil fuel dependence thanks to the integration of solar heat in industrial processes of plants, starting by the agri-food sector. In line with this objective, the project is working on four demo-sites (Bodegas RODA, Martini & Rossi, Açucar RAR and Larnaudie). Bodegas RODA’s demo-site is already running, and the consortium is working on the engineering and constructions of the other three demo-sites, which will be all set by the beginning of 2021.
To ensure the suitable integration of solar thermal technologies in industrial plants and their maximal productivity, SHIP2FAIR project is developing two web-based applications: the Replication tool, to combine the data from the solar generation and the process features in order to provide a first outlook on the SHIP integration within the production plants and to optimise the system according to the user’s needs; and the Control Tool, to improve the integration of solar heat into industrial processes at different control levels while aiming to be as flexible as possible to be applied to a multiplicity of systems.
SHIP2FAIR is looking for additional sites to improve the Replication Tool (2020-2022).
Interested Industrial plants owners are invited to analyse the possibility to integrate solar thermal technology in their facilities. To know more about SHIP2FAIR proposal the contact persons are:
- Patricia Royo Gutiérrez • Project Coordinator • email@example.com
- Miguel Zarzuela Cepero • Project Manager • firstname.lastname@example.org
- Press contact • Lourdes Laín Caviedes • email@example.com
SHIP2FAIR in bullet points:
A 4-years-EU funded project supported by 15 partners from all over Europe, who aim to:
- Develop cost-effective and environmentally friendly solar technologies to integrate solar heat in industrial processes starting by the Agro-food industry
- Cover with solar power the 40% of the heat demand from Agro-food industry’s processes
- Ensure optimal heat integration & tailored control strategies in projects involving Solar Heat Industrial Process/es (SHIP projects)
- Deploy 4 user-friendly tools and methods tested in 4 industrial sites to achieve the above points
- Carry 10 SHIP feasibility studies in 10 industrial sites beyond the Agro-food sector by 2022
- Prepare the technology, business & policy framework to implement 100 SHIP projects by 2027
- BEST, Austria
- Bodegas Roda S.A. , Spain
- CEA, France’s alternative Energies and Atomic Energy Commision, France
- CIRCE Foundation (Centre of Research for Energy Resources and Consumption)
- Cooperativas Agro-alimentarias de España, U. de Coop., España
- EUREC, the Association of Renewable Energy Research Centres, Belgium
- EDF, Electricité de France, France
- Industrial Solar GmbH, Germany
- Links Foundation, Italy
- Larnaudie, Figeac, France
- Martini & Rossi S.P.A., Italy
- RAR, Refinarias de Açùcar Reunidas, S.A., Portugal
- Rina consulting S.p.A, Italy
- S.O.L.I.D, Gesellschaft für Solarinstallation und Design mbh, Austria
- TVP Solar SA, Switzerland